Hello My Food Loving Friends ~
This Entry is all about Candies . . . . . I know normally people don't research about stupid things like this but since this is a food blog ~ and I am a Candy Lover...
You all can expect a study on Candies from me XD
So .. Lets begin with
What Exactly are Candies? Like How do you define them?
Well .. the internet says
And you can chew it on and on when you're bored , when you're studying , when you're writing ... reading , jogging , and so on.
But ... Has anyone tried Searching about how many types of Candies exist in the world?
I just asked my cousin ... All that i heard from her was Gummy Bears and Gobstoppers :P
Not just done .... There are A LOT of Candies that still need to be named !
Even our Great Grandfathers ate candies! Try figuring them out. . . . . . .
Candies are actually of many types !!!
To all my friends who are from India and reading this~ Do you all remember this "Shrikhand Goli" that the Grocers used to Sell for Rs 1 or 50 paise each?
Those are also CANDIES!!!



This Entry is all about Candies . . . . . I know normally people don't research about stupid things like this but since this is a food blog ~ and I am a Candy Lover...
You all can expect a study on Candies from me XD
So .. Lets begin with
What Exactly are Candies? Like How do you define them?
Well .. the internet says
A sweet food made with sugar or syrup combined with fruit, chocolate, or nuts.And I define it .. as something that is Yummy and chewy and it comes in different colors shapes and sizes!
And you can chew it on and on when you're bored , when you're studying , when you're writing ... reading , jogging , and so on.
But ... Has anyone tried Searching about how many types of Candies exist in the world?
I just asked my cousin ... All that i heard from her was Gummy Bears and Gobstoppers :P
Not just done .... There are A LOT of Candies that still need to be named !
Even our Great Grandfathers ate candies! Try figuring them out. . . . . . .
Candies are actually of many types !!!
Those are also CANDIES!!!
Here.. Take a look at them :D
A Type of sweet drops made from Sugar, gelatin, citric acid & its specialty being use of pure Saffron & Cardamom. Shrikhand is a special sweet in Maharashtrian cuisine. Even though real Shirkhand is not an ingredient; the synthesis of its ingredients perfectly match with its taste and hence, as mentioned above has reached the peak of popularity. The drops are round shaped having saffron color.
They don't only look but also taste really yummy !
So I did a research on the web and found out that the ingredients of this Candy :D
So this was the very famous Shrikhand Goli that my parents and my grandparents have always been talking about whenever I ask them about the candies they ate during their childhood.
Hmm.. Another Candy that my grandparents keep telling me about is peppermints and Orange and Lemon Drops Candy ~


Again ... Do you all remember the grocer below selling these for 1 Rupee or 2 Rs ?
Hmm.. According to what i asked my Mom about this . . . . . this candy is comprised of Sugar coating and mint .
Peppermints are available all over the world Not just India .. But I took peppermints in Indian Candies as I studied about what Candies my Grandparents and Parents used to eat when they were young
Coming to Lemon and Orange drops ~ These are Candies that are still sold in shopsand also in supermarkets !

Do you remember eating these? These still exist ! But in different flavors and under different brand names too.
Now.. Do u remember these ? I do .... I think most of us 90's born kids do !
Many times you all must have seen commercials on TV and read the comics of the Famous Ram And Shyam and their how they beat up the bad guys using their only power a.k.a Poppins.
I'm a 90's born kid too XD .... These candies are very memorable to me ~




It reminds me of when i was in the 4th grade ~ i used to save up money and go get a bunch of these candies from the grocer's show in my building compound.
When I was still younger ~ i remember how i cried out loud while going out for shopping with my Mum just because i wanted her to buy me Poppins!
Ah~ memories . . . . . . well ... These candies are also sugar boiled candies with different flavors in it !


In the following years ... there are more candies coming up and there are other types of candies taking over these ~ Mostly in a biscuit type form ... or else in a Jelly Candy form which we will further be knowing about.
That's all for Part 1 ~ imma come back with Part 2 soon ~ about More types of Candies ! :D
Byeeee
Peppermints are available all over the world Not just India .. But I took peppermints in Indian Candies as I studied about what Candies my Grandparents and Parents used to eat when they were young
Coming to Lemon and Orange drops ~ These are Candies that are still sold in shopsand also in supermarkets !
Sugar boiled sweet drops having orange flavor or even Lemon Flavor and are sour in taste.


Do you remember eating these? These still exist ! But in different flavors and under different brand names too.
Now.. Do u remember these ? I do .... I think most of us 90's born kids do !
Many times you all must have seen commercials on TV and read the comics of the Famous Ram And Shyam and their how they beat up the bad guys using their only power a.k.a Poppins.
I'm a 90's born kid too XD .... These candies are very memorable to me ~
It reminds me of when i was in the 4th grade ~ i used to save up money and go get a bunch of these candies from the grocer's show in my building compound.
When I was still younger ~ i remember how i cried out loud while going out for shopping with my Mum just because i wanted her to buy me Poppins!
Ah~ memories . . . . . . well ... These candies are also sugar boiled candies with different flavors in it !


In the following years ... there are more candies coming up and there are other types of candies taking over these ~ Mostly in a biscuit type form ... or else in a Jelly Candy form which we will further be knowing about.
That's all for Part 1 ~ imma come back with Part 2 soon ~ about More types of Candies ! :D
Byeeee
give us the price of the lollipop 16grams that are put in jars
ReplyDelete